This recipe is similar to the boiled chicken recipes, except you use turkey.
It also helps the pets stay calm around the house.
- 3 pounds cooked and shredded turkey
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 3 cups cooked seasonal produce (any combination of carrots, zucchini, turnips, cabbage, beets, broccoli, sweet potato, winter squash, green beans, apples, berries, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 3 scoops K9 Platinum Multi Powder
Shred turkey in a large bowl using an electric mixer. I’ve found this to be very efficient. Add eggs to make it nice and sticky.
In another bowl give a rough mash to the veggies using a hand masher or large fork.
Fold the rice, veggie mixture, herbs, and supplements into the turkey mixture until blended.
Form into balls of patties. Freeze if not used in a few days.
Serving: Feed 1/4 cup twice a day to a medium sizes cat; 1 cup twice a day to a medium sized dog.
Variations: This recipe has a lot of room for variation, just don’t get carried away with adding different vegetables and end up feeding your pet more veggies than meat. You want to keep at least a 4:1 ratio of meat to vegetables and rice mixture.
I love this one myself on bread with melted butter and a sprinkle of sea salt. Yum!